The metrology scanners will be delivered with a USB stick on which you will find the installation software.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Make sure the software runs on the proper graphics processor
NVIDIA Control Panel
- Right-click on your desktop
- Select 'NVIDIA Control Panel'
- From the menu on the left, select 'Manage 3D settings' under '3D Settings'
- In the 'Manage 3D Settings' page, select the tab 'Program settings'
- Click on 'Add' and select your EinScan software from the list
- If it's not in the list click on "add"
- A new windows pops up, if you don't the the software in there please click on "browse"
- Go to the desktop or to the installation path and add the software
- If asked, select the High-performance NVIDIA processor
MICROSOFT Graphic settings
- Right-click on your Start
- Search for graphics settings
- From the menu "Custom options for apps" click on Browse
- In the new window go to the path of "FreeScan.exe" select it and add the file
- Click Options on "Freescan.exe" from the list
- Select High performance (Dedicated Graphic Card)
- Save the Graphic preference
2. Stay updated
Update your Windows and keep your Graphics Card updated.
- Please make sure your Windows is up-to-date:
Keep your GPU drivers updated:
Firstly, check your GPU model in Windows' Device Manager:
In this case, it is the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060.
Head over to https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-in and select it from the NVIDIA catalog, click on Search and finally download it.
- Once downloaded, execute the installer and go through the wizard to complete the update.
3. Are you using the latest software release?
Old software versions might contain bugs or incompatibility issues with latest Windows versions.
By using the latest software version, you will make sure both the software and the scanner firmware are updated.
Please write a mail to email@example.com to double check the version is up to date.
4. Ensure the dongle is working
The USB dongle need to be connected to the C to run the software.
When its connected to the USB port it should shine red.
You should also see it in the device manager of Windows like in the picture bellow
5. Allow apps to access your camera
The 3D scanner is detected by Windows as a camera, so Windows has to authorize apps to access them.
To do so, please go to Windows settings and search for 'Camera privacy settings'.
Make sure that the option 'Allow apps to access your camera' is enabled.
6. Are you using an antivirus?
Some commercial antivirus have been proven to conflict the EinScan software. Windows Defender should not be a problem.
In case you are using some antivirus, you might need to try creating an exclusion or exception to Shining3D folder and the specific EinScan software.
7. Run the software as administrator
The software requires administrator rights. Please make sure you run it as administrator.